Monday, June 28, 2010

It begins in my mind and my heart

Thinking about walking from Corvallis to Portland. Planning our route, or possible routes and our time in miles, but not planning the adventure. Can you plan an adventure?

I went on Lone Twin webpage http://www.lonetwin.com/about.htm and lolled around in their lovely, crazy thinking. Looked lightly at what they’ve been up to and what projects they are creating right now. What’s coming up. What they are thinking, what they are talking about, this is what interests me.

I do not like the word “interests.” Doesn’t really mean much since I can be interested in the finale of a TV show like Lost and I can be interested in being part of the serenity of my dance community. What does that mean then?

Excited is a big word. A word full of connotations, of other meanings, or subjective, personal, erotic, birthday-party meanings. But my body lighted-up, my blood feels closer to the surface when I think about Lone Twins work, and their thinking. I yearned. I wanted to call the airlines to purchase a ticket to Heathrow. I’d jump off the plane and walk to Brighton. A long walk but the thought of how long it would be brings even more energy into my body. At Brighton I’d search out Lone Twin headquarters, their studio. I’d just go there. Find the building, knock on the door and say hi Lone Twin, I’ve come to see what you are thinking and doing today. Is that being excited? Passionate? It’s definitely different than interested. Interested doesn’t move my imagination or my body. At least not right away.

Excited, passionate Conversation grows adventure. Body to

mind to

speaking to

body to

mind to

speaking.

A particular kind of round conversation. A big talking and listening.

Collaboration creating. This is part of transformation that we, the planet & planet inhabitants are in. And it is also The Why we are in transformation. Collaborating is one of the best double-duty activities, the medium and the message. No new thought there, just another application of McLuhan's ideas. check out Marshall McLuhan @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_McLuhan

No one can actually co-opt the collaboration process b/c you do not know how to start it without being in it, and you can’t be in it without also starting it/process. If someone tries to co-opt a collaborative process, their very act of co-opting it changes the nature of it. Corporations try to co-opt collaboration and that is why the creations of corporations tend toward Flatness. They are not really the result of 2 or more independent realities. They are the result of a relationship with themselves; oh! Corporate belly-button contemplation. Collaboration is Round, with no beginning or end.


Body Habitat walking is only the place where we collaborators choose to stop and look. Look here, what do you know?


Lily

here we are